Mail-in ballots that meet eligibility and validity requirements are counted in every election. The law requires all valid votes to be counted in every election regardless of how they are cast.
Not registered? We’ve outlined all the steps that you need to take to get registered in Nassau County.
Important Voting Links: ===================
Signup Online: https://Voterreg.dmv.ny.gov/MotorVoter
Register/Check Registration/Candidate Information: https://vote411.org
Download Forms: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/580/Vo…
Text VOTENY to 474747 for updates and reminders on upcoming elections
Who Can Register to Vote?
* Be a U.S. Citizen
* 16-18 years of age in New York State (You may vote if you are 18 by Election Day.)
* Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election
* Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
* If on parole for felony and you have received a conditional pardon, you can vote but need to
* Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
What Do You Need to Register to Vote?
* Social Security number or Driver License or Permit/Non-Driver ID number
If you do not have either of those, when you vote, you will need to provide other verifiable ID information (i.e., a valid photo ID, bank statement, paycheck, a utility bill, a government check or other government document that shows your name and address.
Instructions for Voter Registration Forms
* Download and print the form you need
* Complete ALL fields. Legibly print all information neatly using blue or black ink
* Sign the form in blue or black ink
* Mail your completed registration form to:
Nassau County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 9002, Mineola, NY 11501
QUESTIONS? Call: 516-571-8683
Don’t Wait to Take Action! Beat the Deadlines! Register to Vote — it takes less time than your favorite TV show!
What’s In It For You?
* Elections have consequences.
* Not voting is giving up your voice.
* It’s your money.
* Situations will not change unless YOU vote.
* Your community depends on you.
Remember These Important Voting Links:
* Signup Online: https://Voterreg.dmv.ny.gov/MotorVoter
* Register/Check Registration/Candidate Information: https://vote411.org
* Download Forms: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/580/Vo…
* Text VOTENY to 474747 for updates and reminders on upcoming elections
Who We Are
Since 1920, the League of Women Voters has encouraged informed participation in government. We strive to increase understanding of public policy issues through education and advocacy. The League works to register and provide voters with election information through voter guides, candidate forums and debates.
The League does not support or oppose candidates or political parties. The League is an activist, grassroots organization whose members believe that voters should play a critical role in their democracy.
Membership is open to anyone 16 years of age or older.